Checklist of steps to follow:
- Step 1: Check the Usage Report.
- Step 2: Set up your Suppression.
- Step 3: Define the attributes.
- Step 4: Preview the list.
- Step 5: Purchase the list.
- Step 6: Verify Emails.
Step 1: Check Reports.
Each and every time you go to build a Prospect list, the first thing you should do is check your credits!
The Reports area of the Platform will show how many credits you’ve purchased and how many your team has used so far – in other words, how many profiles you can still pull.
- Note: for more information on credits, see our Usage Limits Guide.
Upload files from your database into Prospect's Suppression feature to make sure that you aren’t buying anyone you already know. You can suppress lists of your staff, people in your database, and any Prospect lists you've purchased in the past. For specific steps, check out our Suppression How-To Guide.
Step 3: Define the attributes.
Now you can begin building your list by identifying the qualities you want the profiles to have!
- Note: check out our Prospecting Best Practices Guide in the Knowledge Base.
Substep 1: Select the core attributes, such as location, contact information, and key scores.
Substep 2: Get creative – and play! There are over 250 different attributes from which you can build your list, so we recommend experimenting and combining different qualities just to see what is possible.
Substep 1: Click Preview to see a basic statistical breakdown of your list.
Substep 2a: If you think you can improve the list, click Refine Query and continue to make changes.
Substep 2b: If you’re satisfied with the list, click Next and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Purchase the list.
This is a several-step process meant to make it hard for you to accidentally buy a list.
Substep 1: A pop-up should have appeared. Review the information there, check the box beside I’ve read and understand this, then click Next.
Substep 2: Tell the computer whether you want to buy all the profiles in the list, or just a certain number.
- Note: this will give you a random selection. If you want to narrow your list with more precision, go back and continue to refine your query.
Substep 3: Name your list; this is what will appear in your My Profiles.
Substep 4: Click Get Prospects.
- Note: at this point your credits will be subtracted and the profiles sent to your My Profiles.
Step 6: Verify Emails
Once you’ve got a list from Prospect, check to make sure the emails you’ve pulled are still valid. Each list will have one free email verification.