Batch Upload is used to screen extremely large files of 15,000 records at a time or more, as well as any files that require additional processing, such as an NCOA Append. In order for screenings of this size to run correctly, they actually require a member of our Batch Team to manually work on your file. For this reason it can take up to 10 business days to process.
Remember, smaller screenings should instead be submitted through Express, which is what most people use.
- Note: You can also use the Batch Upload to securely send non-screening files to WE, such as your Inner Circle list. Because it isn’t a screening, it won’t use any credits!
Prepare Your File:
- Step 1: Review the sample template
- Step 2: Map the fields
- Step 3: Export
- Step 4: Review
Upload for Screening:
- Step 1: Log in
- Step 2: Go to the Batch Upload page
- Step 3: Confirm contact
- Step 4: Mark data details
- Step 5: Choose your file
- Step 6: Provide any additional instructions
- Step 7: Upload
- Attachment to download
Prepare Your File
Step 1: Review the sample template.
The sample file (picture and attachment at the end of this guide) will serve as a crucial guide as you prepare your file. In some ways your list can diverge from that template, but in other areas it must match those specifications in order for it to process correctly!
- First Name; Last Name; Address Line 1; City; State; and Zip code.
- If you want to import WE data back into your database:
- Constituent/account ID number. Without this, your results will not match up with the account record in your system.
- If you have Raiser's Edge and plan to update this information using We data:
- Address Import ID for NCOA updates.
- Bio Import ID for DOB updates.
- Telephone Import ID for telephone updates.
Should Match the Template:
- Number of columns.
- Column names/headers.
- However, if you supplied a control file then the Field Names can match that instead.
- Sequence of columns: the WE import service can adapt to field order.
- Sequence of rows/records: this doesn’t impact the speed of processing or the order of the returned file.
Step 2: Map the fields.
Use the provided template as a worksheet and, following the above guidelines, map the fields in your database so they match the WE file format. To do this, you may need to adjust your export and re-run it.
If your software program provides a file layout (also known as a “control file”), that makes things slightly easier, so send it in with your upload. If a control file is not sent, however, you must include the column headings in your screening file – and make sure that they match the template!
- The more information you include the better. Providing details such as spouse, date of birth, business affiliation, business address, and even graduation date can improve your results by matching to additional information and perhaps even improving the accuracy of the scores!
- Note: make sure to check out our Screening Best Practices Guide for more details.
Step 3: Export
Export the mapped records into any one of the preferred file formats: (Delimiters: Pipe, TAB, or semicolon) OR Excel.
Remember, make sure you have enough credits left to screen that number of people!
- Note: For more on credits, check out our Usage Limits Guide.
Step 4: Review
Quickly review your file to make sure everything is there and in the proper order.
Upload for Screening
Now that you have put together your file, it’s time to upload it and begin the screening process!
Step 1: Log into your WE account.
Step 2: Go to the Batch Upload page.
Click on the Screen tab at the top of your page; then make sure that you are in the Batch Upload section, rather than Express. This is where you can send in your screening file.
Step 3: Confirm your contact information.
You must provide your full contact information: Full Name; Phone Number; and E-mail Address. This is required just in case WealthEngine’s technical team needs to contact you with questions about your file.
Step 4: Mark data details.
Here you'll see the different types of optional information that may or may not be included in your input file. Click on the fields that you did include.
- Note: The more information you provide the better results you may get.
Step 5: Choose file.
Once you click Next, you’ll be brought to the Upload File page. Click the Choose File button to open the Browse function and select the file from your computer.
Step 6: Provide any additional instructions.
If you have any additional directions or information you think it is essential for the Batch Team to know, you can type it into the Additional Instructions text box.
Step 7: Click Upload
Once your results are in, they will automatically pop up in your My Profiles section. Your listed contact will receive a notification.
- Note: to learn more about working in My Profiles, check out our My Profiles Section Guide.
|1 (A)||User Supplied ID|
(DMS or Constituent Record ID)*
|This field is only used for integrating the results data back into your DMS / CRM system.|
|2 (B)||User Supplied ID 2|
(DMS or Constituent Record ID)*
|In case a user has multiple IDs they need to include. This field is only used for integrating the results data back into your DMS / CRM system.|
|3 (C)||Prefix||Optional field|
|4 (D)||First Name1||Required field|
|5 (E)||Middle Name or Initial2||Optional field which can improve your match results.|
|6 (F)||Last Name1||Required field|
|7 (G)||Suffix||Optional field|
|8 (H)||Primary Address Line 11||Required field|
|9 (I)||Primary Address Line 2||Optional field|
|10 (J)||Primary Address City1||Required field|
|11 (K)||Primary Address State1||Required field|
|12 (L)||Primary Address Zip1||Required field|
|13 (M)||Total Giving3||Total dollar amount of gifts given to your organization, e.g. lifetime giving.|
|14 (N)||Years Giving3||The number of years an individual has given to your organization, e.g. lifetime giving years.|
|15 (O)||Number of Gifts3||Total number of gifts given to your organization.|
|16 (P)||Last Gift Amount3||The dollar amount of the last gift given to your organization.|
|17 (Q)||Last Gift Date3||The date of the last gift given to your organization.|
|Largest Gift Amount3||The dollar amount of the largest gift given to your organization.|
|19 (S)||Largest Gift Date3||Date of the largest gift to your organization.|
|20 (T)||Planned Giving Flag||Optional -- you can mark individuals who are planned givers.|
|21 (U)||Date of Birth3||Optional -- you can enter date of birth.|
|22 (V)||Age3||Optional -- you can enter Age.|
|23 (W)||Phone||Optional field|
|Business Phone||Optional field|
|Business Name2||Optional field which can improve your match results.|
|26 (Z)||User Supplied Spouse ID||Optional field -- This field is only used for integrating the results data back into your DMS / CRM system.|
|User Supplied Spouse ID 2||Optional field -- This field is only used for integrating the results data back into your DMS / CRM system.|
|28 (AB)||Spouse First Name2||Optional field which can improve your match results.|
|29 (AC)||Spouse Middle Name2||Optional field which can improve your match results.|
|30 (AD)||Spouse Last Name2||Optional field which can improve your match results.|
|31 (AE)||Attribute 1||Optional field|
|32 (AF)||Attribute 2||Optional field|
|33 (AG)||Attribute 3||Optional field|
|34 (AH)||Attribute 4||Optional field|
|35 (AI)||Attribute 5||Optional field|
|36 (AJ)||Attribute 6||Optional field|
|37 (AK)||Attribute 7||Optional field|
|38 (AL)||Attribute 8||Optional field|
|39 (AM)||Attribute 9||Optional field|
|40 (AN)||Attribute 10||Optional field|
|41 (AO)||Attribute 11||Optional field|
|42 (AP)||Attribute 12||Optional field|
|43 (AQ)||Attribute 13||Optional field|
|44 (AR)||Attribute 14||Optional field|
|45 (AS)||Attribute 15||Optional field|
* = only required if you want to integrate results into your DMS / CRM.
1 = Required fields.
2 = Optional fields which can improve match results.
3 = Optional fields which can improve Estimated Giving Capacity score and is used to calculate the Inclination Giving score.